Wednesday, November 01, 2006

George Carlin, my favorite comedian…


George Carlin is one of these comedians who can make you both laugh and feel sad at the same time and this is by just telling the truth. He is one of the few comedians who depicts the average American and the American system as close as it gets and he does that using hilarious and very provocative jokes. I embedded for you his last show “Life is Worth Losing”. As any other provacative comedian, Carlin’s show cannot be broadcasted on the main TV or radio networks because it contains words (used everyday by everyone even by the president) banned by the FCC like shit and f…k, so he got adopted by HBO home for the best comedians in the US. Carlin is a pure atheist, so if you are a believer, open your mind and be prepared to hear jokes that you never thought could be said about religion or god. Be prepared also If you are a proud and patriotic American thinking that America is the home of the free and land of the brave, this can make you mad :-)

Some of Carlin’s Quotes:


“I think I figured out why Americans are so stupid. Think about how stupid the Average American is. Well, HALF of 'em are stupider than THAT!"

“I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.”

“One out of every three Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of two of your best friends. If they are OK, then it must be you. “

“Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...”

“Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did”

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity”

“When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.”

“The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept”

“People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think”

“The next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election”

If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash, why isn't the whole damn airplane made out of that shit?


The main theme of "Life Is Worth Losing " is a 24 hours suicide TV channel predicted to be the #1 most watched in the US......!!!




3 comments:

Tarek طارق said...

He was my best until I fully discovered Luis Black (since his appearings in the Daily Show then growing slowly to his last HBO's shows)... Black is the man

Anonymous said...

j'ai essayé de poster un comment sur ton beau Blog!
est-il passé?????

samsoum said...

Mr Rached, ton comment est bien la et c'est un honneur de vous avoir ici. Continuez a nous faire rever :-)